Thursday, December 23, 2010

Friends

I have to say that I have truly been blessed with some wonderful friends.  I have friends all over the world.  And, I mean, all over the world.  We even have friends in South Africa.  All of my friends have contacted me in one way or another since Chandler's accident.  Everyone has been so loving.  I have been amazed at the response of people.  We've even had people contact us that don't even know us.  But, somehow, they heard about our tragedy and wanted us to know that they were praying for us.  We even received a card the other day from a missionary in Thailand.  Yes, Thailand.  He doesn't know us but he heard about us.  Now, he didn't have to send us a card when he found out.  We would have never known.  I mean, we don't even know him.  But, he took the time to write us a note and mail it all the way from Thailand to let us know that he was praying for us.  Amazing!!

I've also had many friends try and get me out of the house.  I had friends get me out of the house on Black Friday.  I've never been Black Friday shopping.  Well, I went with these 2 crazy girls and we had fun.  I'm sure I'll be doing it again next year.  I also had a friend of mine go with me to get some of my Christmas shopping done for the kids.  I didn't want to go out shopping by myself so she went with me and we spent the day together.  There have been several other occasions where friends have invited me out and I've joined them.  I'm always glad that I went.  We laugh together and I usually shed some tears at times.  But, being with them helps to relieve the pain for just a little while.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with so many wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment