Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The First Day

Nov. 15, 2010.  It's our first full day at home without Chandler.  It's the first time I wake up in the morning and realize one of my children are missing.  Chandler was usually up before any of the other kids.  He went straight to the bathroom to shower.  Then, he would go to the kitchen and make his breakfast and chocolate milk.  They didn't like the ready made chocolate milk.  I have to buy Hershey's syrup and they make it themselves.  Well, I don't hear Chandler in the kitchen and I miss that.  I could always count on hearing his noise in the morning.

We just stayed home today.  People came all day delivering food, paper products, etc. for us.  We have been amazed at the love that has been poured out on us during this time.

I didn't sleep good the night before.  My mind just wouldn't stop thinking.  I just kept going over everything that had happened.  I kept thinking of Chandler and seeing him in my mind.  But, my friend Kathy showed up again today to visit for a minute and bring us some stuff.  I hadn't talked to her about how I had slept yet.  Would you believe she brought me some over the counter sleep aid pills?  I didn't have to ask her.  She  just knew.  I have some great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment