Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In Awe

As time seems to keep ticking, Chad and I have discussed the fact that as much as we will continue to hurt and grieve for a long time, other people will go on with their lives and won't think about our loss forever or the pain that we're in.  I know that is true.  Six months from now, it is likely that people won't give us a thought.  But 6 months from now, I'm still going to feel the the ache in my heart.  I'm still going to be living a life without one of my children.  I'm not saying this because it bothers me that people will go on with their lives and not give us a second thought.  I'm saying this because today I'm in awe again at the love that people continue to bestow on us.  It's been a little over 3 months since Chandler went to heaven.  But, once again, God used others to help us smile today.  A lady from our church gave us a gift today.  She brought it to the church and told Chad not to look at it until I was with him.  So, I met Chad this afternoon and we went to the car.  I lifted the paper up off the gift and there was a beautiful dragonfly to hang in our home.  Obviously since I ran across the dragonfly story, I am a fan of dragonflies now.  When I see a dragonfly, I think of Chandler.  So, I was so touched that this wonderful, sweet lady would give us such a special gift.

When I got home this afternoon, I had a small package that came in the mail.  I didn't recognize the return address so I knew that it wasn't something I had ordered.  There was a personal name on the return address but it was a business name.  I opened it and there was a card inside.  It was from someone who knows my sister.  She had shared my blog with her.  She read it.  She sent me a note and also a gift of personalized cards with a cross and my name underneath.  I was just in awe reading this card and looking at this special gift.  This was from someone that doesn't know me.  Someone that doesn't know me took the time to send me a note and a gift.  That amazes me!  Corben and Carlie were with me when I read the card.  They knew that I didn't know who it was from.  One of them said "are you still getting notes because of Chandler?"  I said "yes".  So, even my little ones are seeing the kindness from others.  God continues to be so good to us.  He continues to use His people to show His love for us.  The thoughts and prayers still mean so much to us.  We are so thankful for the love, support, thoughts, prayers and generosity that so many people are sending our way.

Thank you Lord for surrounding us with such special, amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment