Friday, October 14, 2011

11 Months

11 months ago, Chandler went to heaven.  It's so hard to believe it has been that much time.  It's still hard to comprehend sometimes that this is our life now.

My parents came to town yesterday so I've been able to spend the day with them, Chad, and the kids.  It has made the day more bearable.   Of course, we've still had our share of tears.  We went to the cemetery today.  Chandler's new headstone came in this week so we saw it today for the first time.  It's beautiful and I think we did a great job of designing one that fits who Chandler is.  It has his name and dates on it and there are 3 images on it.  One is an artist palette because Chandler loved drawing so much.  There is an image of a camera because photography was something else he was passionate about.  Then, there is a scroll that reads "In the hands of God".  We also have "Perfect son, brother and friend" on it.  It's still so shocking to go to the cemetery and stand over my son's grave.  It seems so wrong to me.  It's very surreal being there.

Caleb had 2 soccer games today so we were able to enjoy watching him play so hard and passionately.  Of course, he plays right in front of the hospital that Chandler was in.  So, as I sat watching Caleb's game, I was also looking at the hospital in the background.  11 months ago today, we had to say goodbye to Chandler and walk out of that hospital.  I can still see it so clearly in my mind, as if it just happened.  


Chandler, you are missed and loved so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment