Monday, June 27, 2011

World Changers

This morning Chad and Caleb left for a youth mission trip.  They left for Norfolk, VA to work for World Changers.  Chandler and Caleb have been on these trips the last 3 years and they love it.  They would come home from the mission trips looking forward to the next year.  They always complained that the trips weren't long enough.  I was always amazed that they loved it so much.  I mean, it's a week of work.  They work on homes in the hot summer temperatures.  They get up early in the mornings and go to the job sites and labor in the heat. 

This morning was hard on me.  I watched Chad and Caleb walk out to the truck to leave and Chandler wasn't with him.  My plan was to go back to bed after they left.  But, when my head hit the pillow, the tears started to fall.  I just laid there and cried for a while; missing Chandler and knowing that he would love to be leaving on this youth trip.  Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to go ahead and get up.  Corben and Carlie were still sleeping so I was able to have some quiet time and just let the tears flow.  I know that heaven can't compare to a World Changers mission trip but it still breaks my heart that Chandler wasn't leaving with them this morning. 

On a different note:  I have been praying for a 14 year old boy for the past several days that was in a horrible accident.  I found out this evening that he passed away.  So, I've been in tears tonight over a family that I don't even know.  But, I know the pain that they are feeling.  I pray that the family has as many prayers going up for them to get them through each day as I have had and continue to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment