Monday, March 14, 2011

Amazed!


God continues to amaze me.  Once again, He has been very real to me today.  He has shown Himself in many different ways on a day that I needed Him. I knew today was going to be hard but God is getting me through it.  He has been beside me the whole day. 

I had an appointment today with the eye doctor.  I've never been to this doctor before.  He was recommended by a friend.  So, I got to the office, did my paper work and was called back.  The doctor came in and started asking me questions and then was ready to do the exam.  He asked me how many children I had.  I said "4".  He commented about me being busy due to the fact that I had so many kids.  That was all that was said about that.  He continued with the exam.  He put drops in my eyes to dilate them then sent me out for a while to wait on the medicine to do it's thing.  After a little while, I was taken to another room for the doctor to check the contacts I had been fitted with and to check my eyes after being dilated.  He came in the room and looked at my eyes again.  Then, he started asking if my kids had ever had an eye exam.  Then he said "how old are your kids?"  My heart dropped.  I thought, he is not going to expect the answer I'm going to give him.  So, I started with Carlie and told him her age and then worked my way up to the oldest.  I got to Chandler and said "my oldest is 16 but he was involved in a terrible dirt bike accident in November and died".  My eyes were filled with tears.  He was very sorry to hear the news.  I told him "I say I have 4 kids because I'm still Chandler's mom".  He understood.  We actually talked for a few minutes about it.  I was told this doctor was a Christian and he is.  He was very encouraging to talk to.  Meeting this doctor today was the first blessing God sent my way.

After my appointment I had to stop by the store and get a few things.  I was on one of the aisles when I saw a girl walking toward me that I recognized.  It was one of the girls in the youth group at our church.  She came up to me and said hello.  She was holding flowers in her arms.  She had bought the flowers for a friend of hers who was having a bad day.  She saw me in the store and wanted to give them to me.  She said that she had read my blog from this morning.  I hugged her and cried.  It was a moment I'll never forget.  She walked away and I was amazed at what she had done.  This young girl had blessed me in such a huge way.  The flowers are beautiful and yellow.  They just make you feel good when you look at them. 

Robyn, thank you so much for the flowers.  God used you today to minister to me.  I will never forget the kindness, compassion and love you showed me today.  

When I got home today, I put the flowers in a vase.  I have put them beside the picture of Chandler which is on the bar in my kitchen.  Whenever I'm washing dishes, I have Chandler to look at.  Now, these beautiful flowers are there for me to enjoy too.




Not long after I got home this afternoon, someone knocked on the door.  It was FedEx delivering something.  I wasn't expecting anything so I wasn't sure what it could be.  About 2 months ago, I was made aware of something Pandora was doing.  They wanted people who had Pandora bracelets to send in stories of their bracelets.  So, I sent my story in. They were looking for stories to put in their catalogs.  I told them about Chandler and I shared with them about the bracelet I was making in memory of him.  I received an email a few weeks after sending in my story.  They didn't choose my story.  But, the lady asked if she could keep my information on file for possible future use.  She also said she wanted to send me a gift.  Well, I didn't know what the gift would be and I haven't received anything to date so I really doubted that they would send me a gift.  Well, I was wrong.  The package today was from Pandora.  They sent me 2 charms.  The fact that the package came today from them was perfect.

Then, Caleb went out and checked the mail.  We received a card today from a very special family.  The card was about heaven.  It's a beautiful card.  They sent their love to us as well as their thoughts and prayers.  So, once again, God's timing for this particular card from this particular family was perfect.

I've expressed my thanks to God today for what He has done.  He has used His people to take care of me again and help me to get through such a difficult day.  His love is amazing which is why several times today the song "Amazing Love" by Chris Tomlin has come to mind.  Some of the words are:   "Amazing love, how can it be , that You, my King, should die for me?"  Well, as I'm singing through this song, I think about how amazing it is that He died for me.  But, He hasn't stopped there.  I mean, shouldn't that be enough?  For Him, it's not.  He still pours out His love for me.  He helps me in my time of need.  He uses other people to minister to me as I struggle with the loss of my son.  Suffering and dying for me should be enough.  Yet, He finds time to use someone to give me flowers.  He puts me in a doctor's office where the doctor shows compassion at the news of my son.  He sends packages and cards to me on days that I need them.  I am in awe of His love and I'm so thankful to have a Savior who is real and shows Himself to me in so many different ways.

2 comments:

  1. Amie, I am in tears with seeing how you are pressing into God and your strength reflects who you are in Christ. Your blogs are a pleasure to read, so real, so open, and so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Coleman, you are amazing. Your blog has encouraged me in so many ways that you will never know. God had me pick out those flowers especially for you even before I knew it. You are a blessing to everyone who meets you. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your day :)

    ReplyDelete