Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chandler's Art

Corben got a back pack out of Chandler's closet yesterday that has Chandler's name engraved on it.  He asked me yesterday if he could pack his stuff in it to go to the beach next week.  Well, today, Corben came to me and told me that he found some things of Chandlers so I went to Chandler's/Corben's room to see what he was talking about it.  In that back pack that he had gotten out yesterday, there were some binders and folders.  So, I sat in the floor and took them out and started looking.  It was some of Chandler's art work.  I've found some of Chandler's art already in his room but I knew that there had to be more.  I just didn't know where it was.  I was so happy to have my hands on his stuff.  There was art work that I haven't seen in a while but I remembered them.  There was also the original drawing of his "Jesus and Me" artwork that we all love so much.  There was another drawing that was a portrait of our family.  The original portrait that he drew from was taken before Corben and Carlie was born.  So, he sketched the drawing of that portrait that had me, Chad, Chandler and Caleb in it.  But, then, he added Corben and Carlie to the drawing.  The funny thing is that when he drew Carlie, he drew her crying.  She was young when he drew it and I guess he thought she cried a lot so she is crying in the drawing.  It brought tears to my ears seeing his art but it also brought a smile to our faces seeing how he drew some of the stuff.  I am so thankful that Chandler loved to draw.  If he didn't, I wouldn't have all of his art work to look at.  I'm planning to frame the portrait that Chandler drew of us.  I will cherish it forever - along with everything else of his! 

No comments:

Post a Comment