Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Sunday

We've gotten through our first Easter or I should say Resurrection Sunday without Chandler.  Over the past few days, I've thought a lot about Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday and what it all means for me.  Knowing that Chandler is already with the Lord makes me think about things a lot more than I normally would.  I believe I am more thankful on this particular Easter than I ever have been.  I'm so thankful to know that because of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, Chandler can spend eternity in the presence of the Lord.  As much as I miss Chandler and want him back with us so badly, I am comforted in the fact that Chandler is in Good Hands.  He's in the Best Hands! 

There is one thing that we didn't do today though.  We didn't get any family pictures of us today.  I considered it and I was planning to do pictures but I really was dreading it.  Chandler isn't here to be in the pictures and I just didn't know how I was going to do pictures without him.  After lunch today, we came home and I had planned to take some pictures.  Caleb started feeling sick at lunch today so he wasn't up to pictures.  Carlie was also saying that she wasn't feeling good.  I really wasn't up to it either.  I didn't sleep at all last night.  I'm not sure why.  It wasn't because my mind was thinking about stuff.  All I know is that I heard my watch beep on the hour throughout the night.  So, when we got home today, I was exhausted.  I just wanted to get in the house and get some rest.  So, since Caleb wasn't feeling well and I was exhausted, it was easy for me to say "forget the pictures."  There will be other times that we can get pictures.  Today would have been too hard anyway so I'm okay with not having pictures on this particular day.

Overall, today was okay.  I've thought a lot about Chandler.  I always do.  But, I've also thought a lot about why we celebrate this day and how thankful I am for the sacrifice that was made for me so that I can have eternal life with the Lord. 

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

No comments:

Post a Comment